Wooden dog houses have become more than a fashion statement for the owners of pet dogs, for they have now become a part and parcel of a household canine’s life. Devoted dog parents treat their four-legged companions with great affection and care and want nothing but the best for them.
Apart from giving the right food, clothing, and medication, dog parents even spoil their fluffy friends with a wooden house of their own. These dog houses not only offer pet canines a place to resort to but also provide protection when they are outside.
Detailed Review: PawHut Wooden Large Dog House
PawHut, a popular online store for almost everything one can ask for their pets, has been a torchbearer of many innovative ideas and its large wooden weatherproof rustic dog house has earned quite a reputation. With a sizeable living space with two individual parts, this cabin house is comfortable and perfect for a man’s best friend to take a nap. Moreover, a pet dog can relax under the sun, thanks to the front deck which it has on offer, while the side window ensures a sufficient supply of air. Hands down, it is one of the most stylish dog homes ever made and its functionalities are deservingly admirable.
The features of the PawHut wooden large dog house are summed up as under –
- Cabin style: It boasts of an appealing cabin style design and it is compatible with outdoor as well as the indoor environment. The deck and porch are like icing on the cake as it allows lounging and sunbathing, which is surely going to be cherished by your fluffy friend. Ideal for a medium or a small-sized dog, it offers space for accommodating two dogs and will be a great addition to your backyard.
- Elevated design: To keep the pet nice and warm, it comes with a raised design. This architecture not only keeps the floor of the dog house dry but also protects the lovable dogs from insects and moisture. Further, it prevents water from entering the house on the rainiest days and will keep your dog nice and tidy. Innovative and quite smart, isn’t it?
- Durable: Wooden structures are infamous for their degradation and generally require a lot of maintenance. PawHut’s wooden dog house, however, is starkly different as the fir wood which is used to create it is renowned for its strength. The paint used will take a good amount of time before they start to fade and there are no nails or sharp elements on the surface to annoy or hurt your pet.
- Weather-resistant: Due to its asphalt shingle roof over the main living area, this dog house has the caliber of withstanding rain, snow, or wind. The A-framed structure gives a homely aura and can withstand adverse weather conditions and will cushion your companion from the external environment.
- Side window and door: To make it look like a full-fledged home, side window and door are also included. The presence of a window prevents suffocation and discomfort as it allows fresh air to come in. Dogs do not mind ducking a bit to enter the house and the height of the door is tall enough to allow most of the dog breeds to enter. On top of that, door flaps are also attached to nullify drafts and keep your pet warm.
- Removable floor: The process of removing dirt or stains from the floor is a headache in the case of most of the dog houses. However, cleaning this dog house is an easy affair owing to its removable floor. No expertise is required to eject the bottom tray and can be fitted back once the cleansing process is done and dusted. In this way, you can ensure that your dog doesn’t come in harm’s way.
- Two parts: On most of the occasions, dogs do not want to share their house but thanks to the in-built divider in PawHut’s wooden large dog house, the chance of two dogs fighting is practically next to none. It has two separate sides, one for each dog, and it goes without saying that both of them have their own private space. Therefore, one dog house will serve two dogs simultaneously.
- Non-toxic wood: Dogs get affected by chemicals and they can be detrimental to his health and wellbeing. The wood that is used to build this product is non-toxic and free from harmful chemicals. The materials are eco-friendly and are not known to cause irritation or inconvenience of any kind to the dogs.
- Color choices: One may have a soft corner for a few colors and PawHut has catered to this demand as well. This dog house comes in two color variants – wooden and grey & white. The colors get along with the body meticulously and give a classy look to it no matter which color you pick.
- Hardware included: Assembling and dissembling the large wooden dog house from PawHut is not a tough nut to crack and can be done easily. The product comprises of all the hardware you will need to set it up – something which you will be bound to appreciate.
Different types of customers have different demands and this creation from PawHut’s is made after considering the need for a major chunk of dog owners. Despite that, it is recommended that you carefully read all the information about the product to acquaint yourself with it thoroughly before you venture forward to buy it.
Material: Fir Wood
Color: Natural wood, grey & white
Net Weight: 93.5 lbs
Overall Dimension: 59”L x 63.5”W x 39.25”H
Main House Dimension: 59″L x 29.5″W x 39.25″H
Inside Door Size: 13.5″W x 21.25″H
Window Size: 13” W x 10” H
2 x Front Door Size: 12.75″W x 18.5″H
2 x Bottom Board Size: 28.25″L x 25″W (left) and 28.25″L x 23.5″W (right)
Maximum Load: 176 lbs (main house) and 110 lbs (deck)
Price and Review
Check price and review on Amazon –
Pet Home Guide’s Verdict
PawHut’s wooden large dog house is undoubtedly worth the fuss and for $449.99, it is certainly a go-to option for any dog owner who is keen to improve the standard of living of their dog. Made of fir wood and non-toxic chemicals, it is designed like a log cabin which is definitely going to excite your dog. It is sufficiently spacious, has an attractive design, and comes with a strong structure which makes it a commendable product. Further, it can be placed inside your home or outside in your backyard.
Adequate ventilation and cover are also provided, courtesy to the front two doors protected by vinyl curtains and the window which will safeguard your dog against harsh weather conditions. This wooden dog house can easily accommodate dogs of many breeds, including big dog breeds, and thrives on elegance. Assembling and dissembling it will take some time and patience but the instruction manual provided with it should be sufficient to help you in doing the needful.
Despite the availability of plastic kennels, wooden kennels have not failed to gain popularity across the globe. Plastic dog homes might be easy to carry, more durable, and demand lesser effort while cleaning than the wooden dog homes, the latter has its own merits to brag about. Wooden dog houses are more comfortable for pet dogs as wood are excellent insulators – they provide good insulation from the cold of the winters and heat of the summers. Moreover, they certainly have the upper hand when it comes to appearance and provides more comfort and relaxation to dogs than the kennels made of plastic, which is why they are opted by many dog owners.
Apart from the aforesaid attributes, they are also very stable and provide solid protection to dogs. As wood is a sturdy material, it can withstand rain, heat, snow, or wind or anything else that nature throws to us in normal circumstances.
On the downside, they are generally very heavy and are not easy to be shifted from one place to another. Once they become old, treating or painting the wood also poses as a burden to dog owners while assembling it also needs tools and expertise in many instances.
The jury is still divided in their opinion as to which one is better but they are unanimous in penning down that wooden dog houses are indeed a very comfortable and cozy sanctuary for your furry baby. Investing in a home for your dog is a sensible decision and there are no two ways about it. Depending upon your dog’s needs, there are a wide variety of wooden dog houses available, both online and offline, and you are just an order away from rendering your pet something he rightfully deserves. In this article, we have compiled a brief review of PawHut’s wooden large dog house which is one of the most popular wooden kennels available at the moment.